Sometimes you just need to buy stuff. A couple of weeks ago, my boyfriend and I spent a couple of hours walking up and down the hills of Lombard Street, San Francisco. The sun came down in warm rays quickly washed away by the chilly sea and I was starting to freeze in my strapless dress and denim jacket. Because honestly, San Francisco is not a warm place to live and I always underestimate the wind power.
A few hours later we found ourselves on the one and only Market Street. As we began to pass Ross I got an idea to take a look inside. I mean, why not, right? No way I was leaving that store without a little something to keep me cozy and thanks to my Tomy's good eye, I ended up with this cute hoodie.
There's something just so satisfying about wrapping yourself up in something cozy after freezing and shivering. Believe it or not, Northern California isn't always sunshine and beach bumming. Keep scrolling for a quick list of what to expect out of NorCal from a real Californian :)
What California is really like...
- False! Many celebrities may live in Los Angeles, but that doesn't mean they are just walking around among the rest of us.
- True! Politicians and local authorities are serious about preserving nature.
- False! The Pacific Ocean is cold and rough. In most of NorCal, if the warning of sharks doesn't scare you from the beach the fog and wind will.
- False! Actually, not everyone in California is blonde. In fact, there is a very high population of Latina and Asian women living in California.
- True! Whether you love Thai cuisine, Mexican, or exotic fusion, there's always someplace to get your cravings fixed.
What people think about California...
- True or False? / "Celebrities are everywhere."
- True or False? / "People in California are obsessed with being so politically correct. It's suburban hippie heaven."
- True or False? / "You must love living by the beach! Surfing, tanning..."
- True or False? / "California girls are all blonde and beautiful, just like in those eighties movies."
- True or False? / "There's so much good food everywhere."