For some, wearing makeup is a hassle. For others it's an art. For me, it's an expression and a kind of therapy. That feeling when you sit in front of the mirror and take in your bare naked face and think, what do I want to show off today?
As you may be able to tell, I've been all about my eye shape lately. Well, with these contrasting colors for night and day, I'm taking the focus off the shape and putting a spotlight on my eye color because brown eyes are beautiful!
This day look was made with three easy steps:
- MicaBeauty Mineral Eyeshadow, "Coral Reef" - Dampen your fluffy eyeshadow brush with eye drops or water, dip in the powder, and apply all over lid and crease are. The water will give the mineral makeup a more metallic and long-lasting look.
- Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eyeshadow, "Rio de Rose Gold" - I love liquid eye colors! This one comes with an applicator that looks a lot like a lip gloss wand. Shake the bottle and apply only to the center of your eye lid. This will give your eyes more of a pop and the illusion of deeper creases even without a darker color in them.
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner, "Peacock" - No matter what color your eyes are, they are sure to pop with this little trick. Place your finger just below the center of your eye and tug very slightly. This will open up your water line for easy application. Remember to use a waterproof pencil in this area!
The orange and blue look is great for daytime fun, but what if you're going to a party later? Or maybe a bar? I don't often do dark and smoky eyes, but these first few summer days sure deserve a hot tribute.
This look is actually made by adding just two easy steps to the original orange look:
- Sephora Crayon Nano Liner, "Plum" - Apply this creamy plum color all over your lids, concentrating mostly on the outer sides. Before it dries, use a concentrated crease brush to smudge out the color to the lids
- Nars Duo Eyeshadow, "Dogon" - With the same brush, pick up some of the black color and apply it on the insides of your eyes. Then with a dampened angled blush, line your eyes with the same shadow.