Traveling overseas can become difficult if you plan on lugging all of your makeup with you. This is why I suggest purchasing some inexpensive makeup bags for your trip to keep your things organized, clean, and neat.
At home, I keep my makeup in a standard professional grade train case. Upon attempting to stuff the case into my check-in luggage, a screw went missing and the case could not longer close. Instead of trying to find a whole new train case, which itself can weigh up to 8 lbs., I decided to separate my favorite makeup items into individual containers suitable for traveling.
I searched on several websites for something affordable and cute, but wasn't very happy with the results. Finally I decided to walk in to a Forever 21 store, where I have seen makeup bags before. I ended up purchasing three bags: two square shaped ones, one small sized pouch.
Next, I thought, what would be my actual travel beauty essentials? Off to Sephora I went to find some travel-friendly sized items that would keep me feeling comfortable and clean as well as feminine on the long journey to Central Europe. I ended up with:
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20: To stay hydrated and even-toned during my fight.
- Laura Mercier Brozing Pressed Powder, Dune (Matte): To avoid looking overly pale and sick upon arrival. Avoid shimmery products while traveling! They will get all over your clothes and face, leaving you looking messy and kiddish. When traveling, go matte!
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher, Thrust : The blueish tint of this magenta color adds color without creating the illusion of heat and sweating.
- Sephora Lush Flush (on sale), 02 Pinot: A lip stain that works well under lip gloss. Gives your lips color that doen't wear off in 5 minutes.
- Sephora Jumbo Liner Waterproof, 10 Green: Put on some color to take away from the blandness of traveling. Especially if you need to go straight to a meeting or event after landing, this is essential to upgrading your look.
- Sephora Retractable Foundation Brush (on sale): Travel friendly because of its retractable features, this little guy is great for touch ups and on the go looks.
- OCC Lip Tar, Black Dahlia: Trendy color, had to have it. Perfect for a vampy plum lip.
- Nails Inc. London, Hampstead Gardens: An interesting mustard color for your nails that doesn't chip as easily as other cheap brands.
- Sephora Glossy Gloss, Marquisette: For adding shimmer and moisture while waiting at the terminal of your connecting flight. Believe me, it gets pretty dry.
- Sephora Eyeshadow, Mad for Macaroons N62: A great neutral color for your crease tha isn't too dramatic or too soft as not to recognize.
- OCC Lip Tar, Beta: A nice bold lip can never go wrong, and this color looks great with the green eyeliner above.
All the makeup bags seen in this post can be found at Forever21.com