Since I was little I always loved the idea of being a makeup artist. Growing up, friends would often ask me to do their makeup or cut their hair according to some trend or another. In college I made a little money doing makeup for photography students (as well as some modeling here and there). Eventually I got around to creating this blog and even had a few hit videos. But when I tried going out in into the field for work doing makeup for weddings and local photographers, I wasn't getting any offers. Turns out you really do need a piece of paper to prove you know something! I never really had time to go to school, in fact that's one of the reasons I dropped out of Academy of Art University.
These days I spend most of my time behind the computer, writing blogs for myself and other clients. Even if I wanted to go get a license, it would honestly be a hassle to have to get up out of my apartment and across the city to some school several times a week. I'm sure I'm not the only one who just does not have time to be rushing to and from school. Thankfully, there are now plenty of options for online education! Better yet, you can actually become a certified makeup artist online with the help of New York City based OnlineMakeupAcademy.com - and you don't even have to buy your own supplies!
There are two courses available at Online Makeup Academy: the Online Makeup Artist Course For Beginners and the Online Hairstyling Course for Makeup Artists. The makeup artist course is pretty extensive, compatible with mobile, tablet, and pc devices. What's more, the course includes a full kit of supplies for you to use while practicing and eventually working - with free shipping, worldwide. I'm way over in the Czech Republic and my kit arrived within just 5 days. Honestly, I'm impressed. Hit play on the video below to see my review of the MUA kit.
Included in the kit:
- Smashbox Eyeshadow Full Exposure Palette | buy it here
- MAC Liquid Foundation x 4 Colors | buy it here
- MAC Gel Eyeliner, Black | buy it here
- MAKEUP FOREVER HD loose powder | buy it here
- CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel, Mascara | buy it here
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette | buy it here
- Urban Decay Longlasting Makeup Cover & Corrector | buy it here
- Concealer Palettes x 2
- 12-Piece Set: Professional Makeup Brush Kit with Roll-Up Carrying Case | similar to this
- 32 Color Lip Palette, Coastal Scents | buy it here
- Contour Palette, MYG | buy it here
- Metal plate with spatula | buy it here
If you have a friend or loved one dreaming of becoming a real life makeup artist, this is a great gift that just keeps on giving. To learn more about becoming a certified makeup artist online, visit www.OnlineMakeupAcademy.com
This has been a sponsored post.