Every girl thinks about getting a lovely bouquet of flowers from her beau, but not every girl admits it. I used to say that flowers were useless because they died, symbolizing the death of the relationship. I'd tell my boyfriends to get me chocolate instead and they did. Now that I'm a little older and have tasted pretty much every kind of chocolate there is to taste, I'm a bit more open to a surprise gift of flowers from the man of my dreams. If you follow me on Instagram you'll see that every few months my boyfriend will buy me a pretty bunch of tulips.
Flowers make a girl feel pretty, appreciated, special. But that doesn't mean we have to wait until some prince charming gives them to us. Sometimes a girl has got to do herself a favor and buy herself the prettiest damn flowers just because. Hell, get the one that smells the best, if that's what makes you happy.
Get yourself some flowers to celebrate...
- You reached a goal: whether you passed your final with flying colors or lost a significant amount of weight, flowers are a great way of giving yourself thanks for all your hard work.
- For inspiration: flowers are photogenic by nature. Let yourself be inspired by their beauty by taking Instagram pics or doodling in that old sketchbook.
- New apartment: celebrate your new home with a pop of pink.
- You're feeling spontaneous.
- You're an adult and you can do whatever you want.
- They just looked so pretty sitting there at the grocery store...
Buy flowers to cheer yourself up...
- You're having a rough week: bosses aren't always going to make your job a wonderful place to be, but flowers can help.
- Because you're bored of getting take out: so, maybe you eat too much Chinese food. But who cares about that when there's a classy jar of flowers chilling on your dinner table?
- Someone broke up with you: whether you're getting flowers to remind yourself that you're a valuable human being or to pretend that you have a new beau in your life, break up week is a great time to get yourself something pretty to look at.
- The weather is shitty and you could use some cheering up.
Feeling inspired? Check out this guide to choose the perfect flower for your home or party. And if you're feeling extra special, you can design your own bouquet online.